The European Royals Message Board
[ Post a response | The European Royals Message Board ]
User logged in as Johan
Posted by Johan on 31/1/2021, 13:25:55, in reply to "Russia
Grand Duke Michael Alexandrovich declined to succeed to the throne without an elected body inviting him to do so.
I suppose that if Nicholas II had not stopped Michael from marrying Beatrice of Edinburgh he might have accepted the throne straight out as his sons would be the next in line.
Abdication : Nicholas I of Russia benefited from his elder brother Constantine's abdication.
Didn't a similar thing happen later on, after the Russian revolution of 1917? Czar Nicholas II abdicated the imperial throne not only for himself but also, his son, the Czarevich Alexis. As it was, his only surviving brother (Michael) nominally became the lastl emperor of Russia -- although he never wanted the throne.
Message Thread | This response ↓|
- Younger sons on thrones - Jane 25/1/2021, 13:42:32
- Re: Younger sons on thrones - Johan 25/1/2021, 20:40:27
- Re: Younger sons on thrones - Robert 25/1/2021, 22:27:17
- Re: Younger sons on thrones - Josť 25/1/2021, 22:29:47
- Re: Younger sons on thrones - Josť 25/1/2021, 22:37:26
- Re: Younger sons on thrones - John W 25/1/2021, 23:35:40
- Different succession laws - Jane 26/1/2021, 1:36:28
- Re: Younger sons on thrones - Josť 26/1/2021, 22:02:09
- Re: Younger sons on thrones - Robert 27/1/2021, 15:38:31
- Regicide - Josť 27/1/2021, 16:08:29
- Re: Younger sons on thrones - Josť 27/1/2021, 16:30:17
- Regicide, suicide, fluke, disease, you name it - Josť 27/1/2021, 16:46:00
- Naples and Parma - Josť 29/1/2021, 15:14:02
- Portugal - 2 ex.: - Josť 30/1/2021, 13:02:52
- Mexico - Josť 30/1/2021, 13:07:04
- Belgium - Josť 30/1/2021, 13:09:09
- Russia - Jane 31/1/2021, 3:29:39
- Re: Russia - Johan 31/1/2021, 13:25:55
- King Haakon VII of Norway - Jane 29/1/2021, 13:39:00
« Back to index