The European Royals Message Board
[ Post a response | The European Royals Message Board ]
Naples and Parma
User logged in as Josť
The troops of Felipe V conquered Naples in 1734 and the the king's 3rd son Carlos made a triumphant entrance in Naples where he was received by the town's archbishop.
His father wrote him a letter giving the throne to him. - Cession
Carlos himself abdicated the neapolitan throne on his 3rd son Fernando when he suceeded to the spanish crown.
Carlos and his younger brother Felipe had been involved in the turmoil of several negotiations regarding the Duchy of Parma.
Carlos had ruled the duchy between 1731-36 but exchanged it for Naples and Sicily with Austria.
In 1748 Austria lost Parma and Felipe won it.
He was Felipe V 4th son and Isabel Farnese (from whom the duchy came from) 2nd son.
Adoption: Carl XIV Bernadotte, younger son of Henri Bernadotte, was adopted by king Carl XIII of Sweden.
The adoption didn't make him heir to the throne. He was elected by Parliament.
Message Thread | This response ↓|
- Younger sons on thrones - Jane 25/1/2021, 13:42:32
- Re: Younger sons on thrones - Johan 25/1/2021, 20:40:27
- Re: Younger sons on thrones - Robert 25/1/2021, 22:27:17
- Re: Younger sons on thrones - Josť 25/1/2021, 22:29:47
- Re: Younger sons on thrones - Josť 25/1/2021, 22:37:26
- Re: Younger sons on thrones - John W 25/1/2021, 23:35:40
- Different succession laws - Jane 26/1/2021, 1:36:28
- Re: Younger sons on thrones - Josť 26/1/2021, 22:02:09
- Re: Younger sons on thrones - Robert 27/1/2021, 15:38:31
- Regicide - Josť 27/1/2021, 16:08:29
- Re: Younger sons on thrones - Josť 27/1/2021, 16:30:17
- Regicide, suicide, fluke, disease, you name it - Josť 27/1/2021, 16:46:00
- Naples and Parma - Josť 29/1/2021, 15:14:02
- Portugal - 2 ex.: - Josť 30/1/2021, 13:02:52
- Mexico - Josť 30/1/2021, 13:07:04
- Belgium - Josť 30/1/2021, 13:09:09
- Russia - Jane 31/1/2021, 3:29:39
- King Haakon VII of Norway - Jane 29/1/2021, 13:39:00
« Back to index