[ Post a Response | McCamey Message Board ]
Re: McCamey Theater
Posted by Elizabeth Littlejohn Gunter on July 19, 2007, 4:51 pm, in reply to "Re: McCamey Theater
Of all the messages about the theater, I find yours to be just as I remember it. I remember after one show, my sister, Nancy and I had to wade water to get to the car after calling our parents and telling them we were out of the movie. When the Pecos R. flooded, McCamey would get some high water in town. Anyway, the way you describe the theater and surroundings is the way I remember. Also, The C.W. Brown Motor Co. is one I well remember. Recently, I purchased a book about C.W. Brown entitled MR.McCAMEY, The Life of a Texas Oilman, by Robert and Peggy Nash.
I have enjoyed reading it because of the people I recognized and some of the history of McCamey.
Thanks for your remembered view of the Grand.
Message Thread | This response ↓|
McCamey Theater - Ronald Baron July 17, 2007, 11:58 am
- Re: McCamey Theater - Julia Athey July 31, 2007, 2:18 pm
- Re: McCamey Theater - Rayford McIlhaney July 20, 2007, 6:12 pm
- Re: McCamey Theater - Aaron Cranford July 18, 2007, 10:47 am
- Re: McCamey Theater - Johnnie Wade Bryant July 18, 2007, 10:12 am
- Re: McCamey Theater - Roylene Chandler Davis July 18, 2007, 9:39 am
- Re: McCamey Theater - Bill Sheppard July 18, 2007, 9:33 am
- Re: McCamey Theater - Elizabeth Littlejohn Gunter July 19, 2007, 4:51 pm
- Re: McCamey Theater - Jerrie Steinhardt July 18, 2007, 9:29 am
- Re: McCamey Theater - Aaron Cranford July 17, 2007, 7:14 pm
- Re: McCamey Theater - Aaron Cranford July 17, 2007, 7:01 pm
« Back to index