The European Royals Message Board
[ Post a response | The European Royals Message Board ]
Re: Queen Ena vs Count of Barcelona
User logged in as Josť
Posted by Josť on 12/6/2021, 3:41:16, in reply to "Re: Queen Ena
In what way do you mean Franco might fear Ena's reaction more than the CoB's ?
She might have been the Queen of Spain, but she was an old frail lady, and, AFAIK, all the spanish monarchics rallied alongside her son, not herself.
What could she do, but issue a protest in the same way of the CoB ?
IMHO, as a good monarchic, and with more respect for the Queen than for the CoB, Franco might have wanted to spare her the deception/agravation for the succession jump he had prepared.
So he waited for the old Queen to die to announce JC would be his successor.
But some months after her death. Probably Franco feared her reaction if he proclaimed JC as his heir while she was still alive.
Really? I thought she died in 1969, six years before Generalissimo Francisco Franco died, when Juan Carlos formally ascended the Spanish throne as king.
You're correct Ena was born 24 October 1887 in Balmoral Castle and died 15 April 1969 in Lausanne, Switzerland. I think the confusion Forrest has, is that Franco declared Juan Carlos as his heir/successor in 1969.
Message Thread | This response ↓|
- Sovereign grandchildren - Jane 8/6/2021, 6:10:36
- Re: Sovereign grandchildren - William F 8/6/2021, 7:28:42
- Re: Sovereign grandchildren - William F 8/6/2021, 8:01:37
- Re: Sovereign grandchildren - Steven 8/6/2021, 13:52:30
- Re: Sovereign grandchildren in Portugal - Josť 8/6/2021, 15:15:47
- Re: Sovereign grandchildren - Josť 8/6/2021, 15:38:08
- Sovereign grandchildren - Forrest 10/6/2021, 11:22:32
- Queen Ena - Jane 10/6/2021, 13:32:15
- Re: Queen Ena - Karen 10/6/2021, 14:27:58
- Re: Queen Ena - manuel 10/6/2021, 23:37:06
- Ena & JC - Forrest 11/6/2021, 1:59:44
- Re: Queen Ena vs Count of Barcelona - Josť 12/6/2021, 3:41:16
- Sweden - Robert 10/6/2021, 12:48:52
- Re: Sovereign grandchildren - Greece and Spain 10/6/2021, 18:26:13
- Re: Sovereign grandchildren - William F 10/6/2021, 18:30:32
- Re: Sovereign grandchildren - William F 10/6/2021, 18:59:57
- Bulgaria - Josť 12/6/2021, 3:49:20
« Back to index