Posted by Imposter on 13/12/2019, 8:25 am, in reply to "Re: Horrible "
My tuppence is Labour need to do the following (in no particular order)
1) Sack of Corbyn, McDonnell and probably Abbott - whether you think it's a smear campaign or not they are tainted by (perceived?) association/representation. I kind of like the idea of someone like Angela Rather being leader.Whether she has enough experience/nous is debatable, but someone good, solid, no nonsense left-wing.
2) An independent public root and branch investigation into anti-Semitism and other forms of bigotry and discrimination. Then attack the Tories for their instances of discrimination etc...
3) Pick a side over Brexit and be coherent. Whether that's Brexit but soft (probably reluctantly my preferred given the results and political zeitgeist) or anti-Brexit, but this dilly-dallying hasn't help.
4) Trim the policies a little. See it as a two or three term plan. Maybe nationalisation and shutting private schools can wait to be put in the 2nd or 3rd manifesto. Concentrate on the NHS, Schools, public services, job losses, food bank use. Be strong left-wing but less wishlist like.
What I think will happen is b)
1) Corbyn et al will stay too long.
2) Anti-Semitism will fester.
3) Continued confusion over Brexit.
4) Throwing the baby out with the dishwasher. Gradually getting more right-wing, perhaps a weak Miliband type party losing the next election but by less, then the one after winning by moving even further right and leaving me thinking what's the point if they have to be Tory-lite.
I accept that it might be some from column A and some from Column B. I only hope it's more from Column A although I fear it won't be.