This week the first meeting of the Supporters Cooperative Board since our recent AGM, saw them decide on officers for the coming year.
The result was as follows:-
Chair: Peter Towey /Vice Chair : John Giles Treasurer : Andrew Burt Membership Officer : Damian Beaumont/ Vice Membership Officer: Edward Keane Comms & Media Officer : Ian Brown/ Vice Comms & Media Officer: Mike Swann Fundraising Officer : Katye Ebbage /Vice Fundraising Officer : Emma Mannion.
Steve Murray and Paul Thompson were again co-opted for their expertise in Finance and IT.
First amongst the new boards priorities was a desire for an early meeting with the Club Board, which is now overdue. It was agreed that urgent contact be made to resolve this situation quickly.
Some of Our Plans for the Immediate Future:-
1.Agreement was reached on staging a `Hospitality Day` at either the Dover or Bromley home games , offering favourable discounts to our members.
2.A 2nd photo shoot, with the championship trophy, was agreed for 18 January the day of the Sutton home game- this to be pre not post game!
3.On Community Tickets it was reported that we had facilitated 1000 free tickets for local clubs & organisations, and we were working on distributing 2000 more this season
4. The financial situation was good with the Working Account at £3419 and Guardian Account at a very healthy £ 60778.
5. There was unanimous agreement that we support the Wellspring Appeal and supporters are urged to leave their donated items at the cabin before home games on 7 and 14 December ( Chorley & FA Trophy games). We will keep the appeal ongoing so please drop donations( warm clothing or cash in support of the charity`s Christmas Meal Appeal), off at the cabin before either of the next 2 home games , and also between 2 and 4pm on 22 December the day of the `Christmas Carol Concert`
6.There will be a Wellspring bucket collection on the 14 December the day of the FA Trophy game – we urge fans to give this their usual kind support! In addition Wellspring need around 10 volunteers to help before the game and also at half time. If you can help out with this worthy effort please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
7. It was agreed that we stage the massively popular Hatters Half Marathon for the sixth time, notional date being Sunday 6 September 2020. In this respect John Giles agreed to be Race Director, and Peter Towey agreed to be Chief Marshall.
8. It was agreed that we again promote and organise the `Christmas Cavort` to be staged at the Spinning Top starting at 6.30 after this Saturday`s game with Chorley. It`s free entry for the event, and there will be a Yuletide Quiz , with teams of 4 costing just £1 per head , and much much more.
9. We agreed to support the `Christmas Carol Concert` to be held on Sunday 22 December in the Insider Suite, with the cabin open for Wellspring donations as mentioned above.
What`s On at the Spinning Top ?
THURS - DANNY MAHON / EMMA ELLIS / JOE WALKER (ex Guidance frontman) / JAMES IRVINE (ex Mystic Rose frontman). Two of Manchester's best headlining tonight & It's free entry - Don't miss. 8pm start https://www.facebook.com/dannymahonmcr/