Re: Thanks to Steve Murray, Talisman, Phil and Anon Archived Message
Posted by Red Hatter on 16/8/2019, 10:58 am, in reply to "Re: Thanks to Steve Murray, Talisman, Phil and Anon "
Thanks for your donation Talisman. |
I do need to pick up on one point though, SCFC and the Community Foundation are doing work, but on a much bigger scale.
Stockport County organise the Healthy Living initiative, which is presented in schools to around 13,000 children per year. They give a presentation about healthy lifestyles, visits from players, Vernon the Bear etc, and offered a free ticket. Around 50% to 60% take up this offer. This is funded by the Vernon Building Society.
We are organising the Community Ticket initiative for junior football clubs and community groups. The intention is to target a very specific audience that are football mad and encourage them to support County. The take up rate from kids / parents that actually request tickets is nearly 100%, but our scheme is smaller with a take up rate of 2,600 attendees last season.
The Club and the Community Foundation do a massive amount of work in the local community.
I wanted a scheme to reinforce the work the Club and Community Foundation currently do - and also have an initiative which was very targeted towards kids that love football. Also, kids sometimes need to attend Edgeley Park 2, 3 or 4 times to really get the County bug, so I am not concerned if there is a bit of duplication.
The Club and Simon Dawson in particular have been fantastic, Simon does a lot of work to bring our scheme together (he liaises with the clubs, gets tickets printed and distributed, etc). The Community Ticket scheme compliments the excellent work the Club and Community Foundation currently do - so I don't want it to look like we are filling in for something they don't do! That really isn't the case.
- Now up to £1,315 - Community Ticket update - Red Hatter 16/8/2019, 8:39 am
- Re: Now up to £1,770, thanks John Taylor and Bluebell Norm - Red Hatter 17/8/2019, 10:43 am
- £1,670! Many thanks to David, Plod, TC and Dan Marsh - Red Hatter 16/8/2019, 4:58 pm
- Re: Now up to £1,315 - Community Ticket update - jonnyquango 16/8/2019, 4:56 pm
- Past the £1,500 mark. Thanks Vinylhatter and PSP - Red Hatter 16/8/2019, 1:07 pm
- thanks HTC - Red Hatter 16/8/2019, 11:30 am
- Re: Now up to £1,315 - Community Ticket update - nicknack 16/8/2019, 10:40 am
- Thanks to Steve Murray, Talisman, Phil and Anon - Red Hatter 16/8/2019, 10:14 am