Stockport County Supporters Messageboard
[ Reply | Stockport County Supporters Messageboard ]
Re: Care home deaths
You hit on one of the problems in care homes Matty - low pay.
Most hands-on care staff are employed at the lowest wage level. Many care staff situations need experience, training and an understanding of the needs of the cared for person.
There are plenty of such people about but they will not work for the paltry sums they are offered and I don't blame them.
The care work system needs a thorough overhaul so that the right people are employed. Being kind and helpful is not enough.
Worry is like a rocking chair, it will give you something to do but it won't get you anywhere.
Message Thread | This response ↓|
- Care home deaths - mattyovrio 19/5/2020, 1:35 pm
- Re: Care home deaths - HeatonHatter 19/5/2020, 4:31 pm
- Re: Care home death's - truths you don't know - Only way is up 19/5/2020, 3:23 pm
- Re: Care home deaths - mcduff 19/5/2020, 3:07 pm
- Re: Care home deaths - BWScarf 19/5/2020, 2:50 pm
- Personal Experience - oakwoodbank 19/5/2020, 2:25 pm
- Re: Care home deaths - Autosuggestion 19/5/2020, 1:57 pm
- Re: Care home deaths - Dave - March Org 19/5/2020, 1:56 pm
- Re: Care home deaths - HTC 19/5/2020, 1:45 pm
- Re: Care home deaths - PSP 19/5/2020, 1:41 pm
- Re: Care home deaths - mattyovrio 19/5/2020, 2:04 pm
- Re: Care home deaths - oakwoodbank 19/5/2020, 2:31 pm
« Back to index | View thread »