Posted by Stranded Hatter
on 9/2/2020, 10:52 pm, in reply to "Re: Behaviour
Having worked on the railway I wince whenever I hear of someone on the track. The training videos I watched were enough and I was lucky and never directly dealt with a fatality, but I did have two close calls. One where I signalled to a driver to emergency stop as there was a potential suicide attempt and another where a blind person stepped off the platform, middle of rush hour. If BTP hadn't been there because revenue protection were running a training exercise he would have been hit by the incoming train. Thankfully they got him off the track but the image of his stick in pieces will stay with me for the rest of my life.
The second incident was two days before my last in the job.
"Illness is neither an indulgence for which people have to pay,
nor an offence for which they should be penalised, but a misfortune,
the cost of which should be shared by the community"
Message Thread | This response ↓|
- Behaviour - dufflecoat 9/2/2020, 7:45 pm
- Re: Behaviour - Bredburyhatter 10/2/2020, 7:45 pm
- Re: Behaviour - lastword 10/2/2020, 7:07 pm
- Re: Behaviour - postmanplod69 10/2/2020, 3:34 pm
- Self policing - Biggles 10/2/2020, 1:37 pm
- Re: Behaviour - MagzWithaHat 10/2/2020, 10:10 am
- Re: Behaviour - alzbarberz 10/2/2020, 9:44 am
- Re: Behaviour - J 10/2/2020, 9:34 am
- Did anyone have a word? - Biggles 10/2/2020, 8:03 am
- Re: Behaviour - Matt and the Bradbury 9/2/2020, 7:50 pm
- Re: Behaviour - TheRealExile 9/2/2020, 7:49 pm
« Back to index | View thread »