Re: V A R debate
I'll take your challenge and say that I've repeatedly said since well before VAR came in that I wouldn't swap our three defeats at Wembley that were directly down to crap decisions (the Vale game being the one we lost on merit), for the utter farce that is VAR and what it's doing to the game. What it's doing is what many of us predicted and it's no better in terms of making the game controversy-free and is negatively affecting one of the great things abut the game - which is the instance and immediate after-effect of a goal.
VAR and goal-line technology are two different things anyway. You could have the latter without the former. As a purist I'm against it anyway (the game you play in the park should be the game that is played at the highest level), but I can see the argument for it more readily than VAR. A ball crosses a line, a goal is given straight away; it doesn't cross, it's not given and you carry on. It's easy (allowing for the fact that technology is not infallible, as some like to think). VAR is a different kettle of fish and is changing the game for the worse.
Incidentally, Wrexham 'scored' against us earlier this season but play carried on. Goal-line technology would have given it. It didn't exist; we won the game. Swings and roundabouts, isn't it?
It's so easy to laugh; it's so easy to hate
It takes guts to be gentle and kind.
Message Thread | This response ↓|
- V A R debate - Irish Hatter 20/10/2019, 5:29 pm
- Re: V A R debate - Bredburyhatter 21/10/2019, 12:16 am
- Re: V A R debate - TLOBS 20/10/2019, 8:51 pm
- Re: V A R debate - Mozzer 20/10/2019, 7:12 pm
- Re: V A R debate - Alicante 'Atter 20/10/2019, 7:05 pm
- Re: V A R debate - Bigmartin 20/10/2019, 7:00 pm
- Re: V A R debate - ancienthatter 20/10/2019, 6:35 pm
- Re: V A R debate - dosser jacket 20/10/2019, 6:09 pm
- Re: V A R debate - County1999 20/10/2019, 6:06 pm
- Re: V A R debate - mcduff 20/10/2019, 5:58 pm
- Re: V A R debate - suedehead 20/10/2019, 5:51 pm
- Re: V A R debate - runtothehills 20/10/2019, 5:40 pm
« Back to index | View thread »