Re: Who's Fault
Posted by johnmuirsafro
on 19/10/2019, 11:01 pm, in reply to "Who's Fault
The problem lies with football itself. We have 4 full professional divisions. Then we have a 5th division which is predominately professional. Then we have 2 joint 6th divisions that have 10+ professional clubs.
From league 2 downwards (and a few above), a club's owners are egomaniacs with money, a well meaning but clueless board or a bunch of football people living on a knife edge.
The money at the top is massive, but it doesn't reach all the way down. We used to have the deepest tiers of pro football here in England, but we are getting closer to Spain/Italy/Germany where the top division, and at best the top two, see the money and the rest live off scraps.
The game I fell in love with in the early 80s has changed so much due to money and greed. I think we are an example of this modern problem and I think we have to adjust our expectations accordingly and look at a footballing future that isn't aligned with the top, and possibly even our own historical successes.
But then, I'm an old fart that's had a few at home and waffling nonsense
Sack the Stewards!!!
John Jeffers boxing day dribble... The best I ever saw!!
Message Thread | This response ↓|
- Who's Fault - Bungle 19/10/2019, 7:43 pm
- Re: Who's Fault - 11th floor hatter 19/10/2019, 11:21 pm
- Re: Who's Fault - johnmuirsafro 19/10/2019, 11:01 pm
- Re: Who's Fault - mreckless 19/10/2019, 9:35 pm
- Re: Who's Fault - Bredburyhatter 19/10/2019, 8:23 pm
- Re: Who's Fault - Maximus77 19/10/2019, 7:58 pm
- Re: Who's Fault - Stranded Hatter 19/10/2019, 7:57 pm
- Re: Who's Fault - Mustafa Point 19/10/2019, 7:52 pm
- Re: Who's Fault - albertinspain 19/10/2019, 7:51 pm
- Re: Who's Fault - BWScarf 19/10/2019, 7:48 pm
- Re: Who's Fault - Durango95 19/10/2019, 7:48 pm
- Re: Who's Fault - Matt and the Bradbury 19/10/2019, 7:46 pm
« Back to index | View thread »