Council notes the continuing importance of Bury Football Club and there Gigg Lane home to the cultural, social and economic life of our Borough, and to the lives of many Bury residents as it has been for the last 134 years.
Council wishes to do everything it can to assist all those fighting to ensure Bury FC rejoin the Football League either this season or in League 2 for the 2020 / 21 season.
Council notes that the EFL in a recent statement indicated that it was consulting with other league clubs on the future of Bury Football Club and have stressed that clear evidence would be needed of the clubís financial viability going forward by September the 21st.
Council notes the unsuccessful efforts of numerous potential buyers for the club and Gigg Lane and is disappointed that no credible party has managed to purchase the club with time now running out.
THIS COUNCIL therefore resolves to:
1. Instruct the Chief Executive and Chief Financial Officer of Bury MBC within 24 hours of this Motion to contact those parties who represent the interests of Bury Football Club Limited to express the wish of this Council to enter into negotiations for the purchase of Bury Football Club Limited in totality or of the Gigg Lane site in isolation.
2. Within 7 days of this Motion for the Chief Executive and Chief Financial Officer of this Council to take what steps necessary to enter into negotiations for the purchase of Bury Football Club Limited or the Gigg Lane site in isolation and by the close of business on Wednesday 18th September to have secured a figure for the purchase of the aforementioned.
3. By the close of business on Thursday 19th September the Chief Executive and Chief Financial Officer of the Council will inform all councillors of the outcome of negotiations and produce a business plan regarding the potential purchase for all councillors to consider.
4. To instruct the Chief Executive within 24 hours of this Motion to contact the Chair of the English Football League to inform the aforementioned of this Motion and the timeframe Council has put on officers to bring back to Council a credible plan for the purchase of Bury Football Club Limited and request that the 21st September deadline be extended to allow the proper due diligence to take place and allow for the proper conclusion of negotiations between the parties.
5. That an extraordinary meeting of Council be heard at the earliest appropriate date for Council to vote on any proposed purchase of Bury Football Club and / or its assets including Gigg Lane and to confirm prior to the aforementioned vote with the EFL that Bury Football Club would be readmitted to the Football League if Council approved the purchase.
6. Instruct the Chief Executive and members of the Senior Management Team to approach Forever Bury, other supporter groups, local business people and interested parties over the next 7 days to discuss the potential for the Council to work in partnership and if possible produce a joint financial bid for the club."
Message Thread | This response ↓
« Back to index | View thread »