Re: ASA B rebuttal to Vivid
Posted by Joe OKC on September 6, 2021, 5:15 pm, in reply to "Re: ASA B"
John, always good to see you my man. |
I did the book for All Star Plumbing and I can agree with a few things John said, but disagree with a few also.
1) Umpiring was up and down, even in the 2 games we got. Pitch called a ball, next pitch same spot is a strike. While I appreciate the umps discussing calls, when the home plate ump changing a trapped ball to a catch at the time of said catch, the defense is going to handle business to get the out. This was against Vivid. I feel it ended up the right call, but if you call fair ball and we double a player off, then you change it to a catch and undo the tag out, that is dumb, do better.
2) Scorekeeping was not that bad. My book got called into question one time in the C and B, and it was correct, as was the official one...
3) We got Silverbacks game 1 and they pounded us. Never seen a team that young and ready to destroy teams from the start. Fundamentally sound in the infield, 20/21 year old feet move quick.
4) Maybe do something about the water situation. I suggested 1 dollar bottles of water for players. See what happens.
5) Dont know much about sandbagging teams, assumed he meant us btw. haha.