Why have to touch first is trivial as well. Stopped touching after home runs didn't they?
The main reasons fields run behind combined with above I like to reference golf, Ready Golf!! should be warmed up and ready when previous game is over. We don't need to see infield practice!!
I have ran tournaments for many years. Ideas that take the director stepping up and enforcing them.
1. Coin flip before game starts. Find coaches and get it done. Don't need big nut grapping production and rules before every game at home plate. They all know each other ..Play ball.
2. Game should start min 10 after other is finished. We used 3 rotating umpires per field. get break every 3rd game. I have called behind the plate many times all day without more than 5 minute break in heat so don't want to hear it.
3. Give each field an hour or hour half break about 530 in afternoon to get fields somewhat back on time if needed.
4. allot hour and 20 minutes per game. Run rules and ideas above should keep close to on time.
5. umpires keep games moving!!!
My tournaments were mostly unlimited home runs. We had ball chasers(younger kids mostly)to help also. although not issue in todays game.