1) Williams didn’t invade our practice field..he more or less came down and mouthed off.. no business to tend
2) No I didn’t look him in the eye and ask what the fight was about.. that was non of my business...I still do not know what the fight was over
3) No, I didn’t not tell him he was an ass hole... My honest answer if you are asking is...I never thought he was an ass hole in any action where I was involved (which were few)..
I grew up playing baseball and basketball..basketball was my first love..and if you grew up on the courts I played on...blocking out getting personally upset by shit talk, and instead enjoying the shit talk challenge, was the first step to really enjoying the game..same goes for baseball/softball...
Williams to me was just a really enhanced bench jockey...I stopped being effected by shit talk about the time I turned ten years old. no need to address any business
4) I never referred to any “PLAYER” on a softball field as a bat boy so why would I have said it to Williams... No business to address
5) I think you have to go back and read what I wrote on the biggest bat boy/ cheerleader line...
I wrote about a story of what happened between two other teams...so...sadly...with what appears to be some kind of animus driven blindness towards me..you are now saying I said it about Williams..I never said it about Williams...
If I was going to share my beliefs on Danny Williams I would say...
*Player wise....I do not know how good of a natural player he ever was because when I saw him “compete” he was all Bloated up on PED. and...I do not evaluate enhancers other then to view them as cheats..I say that because when I compare players..I compare them to myself any fellow clean players .and clean players cannot he evaluated against PED users.
*On field presence wise...It was embarrassing how he was allowed to act while under Dave Neale’s Tutelage. And I would hope he would have acted more properly under different leadership..Kinda like how Androff cleaned up his act after moving to a Rich’s over a couple years.
In closing...a fellow poster on this thread hit the nail on the head with his experience playing steele/williams....
If you look at that video of this game you will see Williams in his normal defense position...
Standing or kneeling about 20 feet from the batter as close to the chalk line as he could get away with talking or screaming crap trying to get into a opposing players head...and trust me...NOTHING.. Danny or anyone else can scream ABOUT me during a game will get in my head...so antics like his never upset me personally.
The problem I saw with Williams actions was..it didn’t create a “family value atmosphere” and it set a poor example that sadly..some others followed.
I am sorry if my belief softball would always be healthier if tilted towards being family friendly isn’t understandable to you.
In closing..I honestly answered five questions for you..how about you answer five questions for me.
1) Who are you?
2) Who did you play for?
3) Where do you live?
4) What did you aim to accomplish by asking me those five questions?
5) What have I posted on this site that you don’t agree with?