***THESE ARE JUST MY OPINIONS AND MAY NOT BE THE SAME AS THE MAJORITY OR ANY FOR THAT MATTER
Because it is a "commitment" when you enter a tournament of this caliber. Either that, or make each team announce at the beginning of the tournament that they will have to leave at whatever time on Sunday if they make it. Then the Director and USSSA can decide ahead of time what to do with them. You know at least a week before coming to an event if you are not going to be able to play after 10am or whatever on Sunday.
I never said it injures anyone still playing or that has been put out. In my opinion, it becomes an integrity/moral issue. It also says a whole lot about the confidence that you have in your team or that someone else has in your team that is a key part of it.
Trust me, I see all kinds of travel issues. It is simple, if you can't make the travel requirements to fulfill the commitment of playing an entire tournament, don't play in it. And NO, 500 miles you can leave? We flew from over 1000 miles and I didn't book any flights until after 2pm except for one of my guys. And if we would have made it, I would have changed his flight on Saturday night no questions asked. And before you come back and ask, YES even if we were the #1 team and didn't need any points I would still not leave a tournament.
Anything else you want to talk about? I will find time to answer in between working and booking flights for the Mullet(which ends on Saturday but my return flights for guys will be Sunday afternoon even though they cost more just in case we have weather delays).
Sometimes you have some decent points Tim, then others you tend to talk out of both sides of your mouth and just want something to "debate" about. Which there is nothing to debate here because these are just 100% opinions and there is ZERO fact to debate unless USSSA decides to make stiff penalties, then you and I or whoever else can debate as much as you would like.