Re: Drum Major Questions
Posted by Lunney on 4/19/2021, 8:03 pm, in reply to "Drum Major Questions"
These are some that I have used in the past. |
1. Why do you want to be the next drum major?
2. If you are not chosen to be drum major, would you like to be considered for section leader? How will you act if you are not chosen at all?
3. How do you define leadership and why do you think your peers will respect
you as a student leader?
4. Define your own strengths and weaknesses. How will you address the
5. Why do you like being in band? Is there anything you dislike about being in
6. What does this job entail?
7. What was good about the student leadership this year? What didnít you like
about the student leadership this year?
8. If you were an officer this year, what were your successes? Failures? How will you address the failures next year if selected? Why should we pick you again?
If you were not an officer this year, why should we pick you over someone else?
9. What do you think you can improve about band and why?
10. Are you involved in any other extra-curriculars? Will they interfere with your
responsibilities as a drum major/captain? If you are named as an officer, how
will you ensure that you meet your responsibilities to both groups?
11. What are the important traditions of the band and why are they important?
Are there any traditions that are not important? Why?
12. Talk to me about our chain of command. Why is it important? How would
you handle a disagreement with someone above you in the chain of command?
13. Scenario: You hear members of the band/of your section gossiping about
another band memberís poor marching. How do you handle it?
14. Should officers be graded differently than other band members?
15. To what extent should an officer be held responsible for the people in their
16. Excluding yourself, what other candidate would be your choice as drum major and why?