Re: 2020 beginner placements
Posted by Ponies on 4/7/2020, 1:29 pm, in reply to "Re: 2020 beginner placements"
My admin is absolutely terrible and trying everything possible to not be helpful with the situation. I split all the 5th graders up that requested band, and assigned the ones that did not tryout an instrument. It is going to be hoping for the best and teaching as if your hair is on fire. |
Hopefully the schedule will work out with how I have laid out the classes and we will be able to move students left or right for high and low brass, clarinet/sax, flute/double reed, and horn/trombone.
Everyone is in the same boat, so don't worry too much. We will see
I have the same questions and posted them here last week? I don't know the days seem to run together now. I think I am just going to wait until the fall. I know I will have a hard time doing it in the summer. My counselors probably won't do schedule changes to accommodate instrumentation, but we are used to that.
What is your plan for 2020 beginner placements? Ours were scheduled and cancelled because of the current health issues.
Are you putting yours off until the fall? How has your admin and counselors addressed scheduling, if so?
Are you doing them this summer? Are you guessing and hoping it all works out?