Director of the Colorguard/Winter Guard program for Timberview High School and feeder schools. Responsible for all aspects involved with the design, teaching and recruiting of the fall colorguard and spring winter guard seasons.
COMPENSATION: Competitive; depending upon contractual agreement. Monthly.
Knowledge of overall operation of a Colorguard program.
Strong equipment skills.
Experience in choreography for marching band and winter guard.
Ability to manage personnel (technicians).
Knowledge of state and UIL rules governing band.
Ability to implement policies and procedures.
Ability to interpret data.
Strong communication, public relations, and interpersonal skills.
• Manage the overall program in show design, costumes, flag design, ordering materials, creating calendars and schedules, etc.
• Align rehearsal standards, teaching styles, rehearsal priorities, ensemble fundamentals, etc., with the Director of Bands, and with other staff as required.
• Instruct/rehearse the Colorguard students in rehearsals and practices in preparation for fall marching season and winter indoor season.
• Be present and prepared for all scheduled practices and rehearsals of the Timberview Marching Band and Winter Guard.
• Teach the colorguard class during the school day. Times TBA (A/B Block – 90 min. single block)
• Schedule and attend extra practices, as needed, to prepare the colorguard for fall and winter competitions.
• Take on a lead role in the visual and conceptual design team of the Timberview Marching Band.
• With the help of the Director of Bands and parents, organize the design and building of props for fall and winter seasons.
• Accompany the Timberview Marching Band and Winter Guard on all performances and contests.
• Provide for guidance of students on an individual basis in preparation for solo & ensemble and auditions.
• Plan and/or assist with any and all recruiting trips.
• Establish and maintain open communication by conducting conferences with parents, students, principals, and teachers.
• Compile budgets and cost estimates based on documented program needs.
Eric M. Mullins, Director of Bands
Timberview High School
Mansfield Independent School District
682-314-1518 band hall