1. MS kids grasp things a lot slower. They don’t already know most things like HS kids do. Are you patient and prepared to handle that without flipping a lid?
2. You will have classes back to back all day. Hardly any breaks. 30 min lunch. Duty. Some HS staff have fluid schedules. Are you ready for that kind of schedule?
3. Beginners. You will be THE beginner instructor. You will need to teach more than your “main instrument” depending on what other teachers are around. You may need to teach all
WW’s, all Brass, or even percussion and WW’s or brass
Are you comfortable with that and willing to do it?
4. Admin is all over you all the time. You actually get a lot of walkthroughs unlike at most HS’s.
5. Lesson planning. If you don’t, the kids will eat you up.
Those are just some things to consider. Good luck!