2. Great community support.
3. We like the location of school.
4. We like our community in which we live.
5. Very ideal 'perfect' band director situation.
6. No issues with scheduling etc.
7. Have had success rebuilding another program.
8. Current school is having to rebuild. Had early success with them.
Now for the kicker.
Over the four years I have been here, the kids just seem to be fizzling out. They do not seem dedicated or wanting to try. After these seniors graduate, it looks very grim until my middle school kids take over the band program in 4 years.
Do I wait it out for four years?
Do I sacrifice my mental health for four more years until the band program is mine throughout?
Do I consider moving from a 'perfect' situation to risk another job?
Am I just getting worse as a teacher (even though I feel like I have been getting better year to year?)
(Covid doesn't help in all of these issues, I understand. And with the TBA 2020 refresh gone and TMEA 2021 refresh gone, it seems like I am going to struggle by the time May rolls around.)
Thanks for your time and thoughts in advance.