1.So choose to live with all the issues and problems that these children have, along with whatever advantages there are in a private school.
2. No matter how many times you say it how tough it is for you, you should compete in the community that the kids live in.
3. If these families choose not to take advantage of where they live- oh well. Students in rural areas don't get to choose, there is not a private lesson teacher available.
4. Families choose to drive in from 40+ zip codes, small rural families have no choice.
5. If your school chooses to make band less important- choose to go to another school.
6. Don't have a band hall- neither do many small school that practice in the cafeteria or portable, If band is important choose another school- it's a choice.
Also if 10-15 compete in ATSSB and 12 make it- there's an indication of the true advantage of living in a big city.