Make a solution of ten parts water to one part sodium hypochlorite (bleach) and put this in a spray bottle, which you can use for disinfectant purposes, because drumsticks and other services are porous, they contain openings which we cannot see, and liquid can penetrate and reach these areas and can sanitize them effectively. In the absence of other guidelines, general protocol is to thoroughly spray the things you wish to disinfect with your dilute solution, or wet a cloth, and wipe things down, then wipe dry after leaving the solution on them for about 10 minutes. I would not advise drying the sticks in the sunlight because this can warp them. Always do this in a ventilated area and if possible avoid doing it alone or in a situation where fumes could develop and hurt you or other people
Do not use concentrated bleach or colour safe bleach, just plain regular household bleach.
Wear gloves, and eye protection.
Wipe each stick thoroughly with the damp cloth, and let dry or wipe dry, dispose of the cloth and other waste safely.
Store your bleach bottle in a locked room and mark the bottle BLEACH - DO NOT MIX - DO NOT DRINK - SEEK MEDICAL CARE IF INGESTED OR CALL POISON CONTROL AT 1 800 222 1222
Do not allow students to handle or touch your cleaning supplies. Notifying your fellow staff members as well as facility management if you have them on campus is some thing I might suggest as well, to avoid possible cross-contamination or mixing of solutions - you would assume that this would not be a major issue however you cannot anticipate the actions of others will always be logical or reasonable, and you do not want people mixing bleach and other products.