There are 43,479 people currently hospitalized in Texas. That is 80% of our hospital capacity. That is actually below what most hospitals capacity is for day to day operations before Covid. 10,569 are Covid. That means 32,910 hospitalizations or 3 times that with Covid are OTHER REASONS. .03% of our population is in the hospital for Covid. 0.11% of our population is hospitalized for non-covid reasons. Are we seeing the real numbers yet?????
We have 150,543 active cases. 7% of all cases are hospitalized. That means 93% recover at home. And a mere 5% of the state is currently "active".
I understand it's bad for those that are fatal. I also know that more people die daily for any number of reasons than this. And I know from all my years in the classroom I never let 5% of the students control the rehearsal for the other 95%! .01% of the state population has died from Covid. What percent died for other reasons in this state over the same period?