- Despite an increase in infections, it doesn't mean there is a new spike and that this is just a result or more testing (yet, Texas still lags behind other states with comparable populations in testing).
- Texas is "out of the woods" in terms of the virus and to help with our numbers he is giving Amarillo to Oklahoma
- There will be a new round of opening and by the end of the week, all businesses will be allowed to open with limited capacity, but those limits will end June 1 (again, cases keep increasing, but whatever)
- Schools will start in August, though he is recommending that schools adopt the TEA plan (though districts, parents, and rational teachers have spoken out against that plan)
- Texas scientists have discovered that Texas beer and brisket is a vaccine for Covid-19 (well, a guy can dream)
BTW - Most of this is in jest. I really don't think any ground breaking announcements will be made today.