[ Post a Response | The Yellow Board ]
Re: 3 Questions
Posted by well on 5/4/2020, 11:19 pm, in reply to "3 Questions
1. Of course they are. Hence why we're in lockdown. Distancing works.
2. Because this strain is very contagious and there can be no symptoms for days.
3. Because we have incompetent leadership who'd rather golf and campaign during the entire month of February and call this situation a Democratic hoax. A leader who brags about his ratings as death counts climb. A leader who can't go a single press conference without turning it into a propaganda campaign, while boasting about his accomplishments, and dividing the country by going as far as distancing himself from governors who don't show "enough appreciation."
I know many of us are struggling to navigate through this Covid 19 pandemic. Our family and work lives have changed greatly. Zoom, Teams, Duo are common terms in our everyday life at the moment.
The United States is one of the most powerful countries in the world. As a country in recent times, we have faced Aids, Sars, H1N1, Zika and Ebola. In each one of these deadly events, as a country we were still able to function with some sort of “normal” activities. We all took precautions for each of these public health crisis. However, we were still able to go to work. Visiting loved ones in the hospital was still allowed. Attending weddings, graduations, and funerals was not interrupted by the previous deadly viruses.
The questions I think we must all ask ourselves are...
1. Are our scientist and doctors not as smart as their
2. Why is this public health crisis different?
3. How did we end up in this situation?