At that job, I fought for MONTHS to get access to see my budget numbers. Finance people said "your campus budget clerk can get them." Campus budget clerk didn't know how to do it, once she got training on how realized she didn't have the access, and could never get the access. Budget clerk cleaned out her desk before Thanksgiving and never came back. They didn't hire a replacement until January. When I tried to write a PO for UIL registration they rejected it because I was "out of money". I pitched a holy fit, because by my math I had more than enough. I had been very meticulously keeping track of everything, because after they gave me my starting number I couldn't ever get any more information. Went full-Karen and started calling and emailing everyone's supervisor, and their supervisor, eventually a few weeks later the superintendent after nobody got me the information. That FINALLY got me a return email with a poorly-scanned report of my budget with a bunch of stuff marked up and redacted.
After learning all of the accounting lingo and filtering through the information they would give me, I figured out that my account was empty because they had A, put my fundraiser deposits in the main campus account rather than the band fund; B, changed POs I wrote on the fundraiser account to the budget account (because the fundraiser account was empty) without telling me; and C, over-paid and double-paid some invoices.
I was a pissed-off hot-tempered youngster. After all the things I said to people in the district office, I'm amazed they didn't fire me. They offered me a contract for the next year, but I had already found a new job for the fall.