[ Post a Response | The Yellow Board ]
Re: Any input appreciated
Thanks. It is K-12. Main rehearsal hall and second hall primarily for elementary but can be used for large ensembles also. Mirrors - yes! For beginners and guard too!
Yeah, I've just moved into our new facility in which I had zero input on the design.
Couple of things designers don't know to think of:
1. Obvious, but they miss it: STORAGE out the wazoo! Yes, shelves and room for instrument lockers that do not reduce the footprint of your main room once lockers have been installed. Otherwise you'll be using your practice rooms for storage
2. Water fountain please.
3. electrical outlets in the floor for things like amps or video projector, or your Harmony Director or who knows what? Plugs in the middle of the floor are immensely useful
4. Hopefully they've designed offset walls for acoustic purposes.
5. electrical outlets in practice rooms
6. Sounds like you may be at a 6-12 program? Since you're looking at elementary music and also a uniform room. Hopefully you got a medium ensemble rehearsal room too.
7. Ask for mirrors on one wall of the percussion room if you do marching band.