1. Leave work at work (even thinking about your next rehearsal still ups your stress level). Leave it be.
2. Set hours and stick to them. Do you stay 5 days a week after school? If so, why? Is it to say you do or because you need to or because you want to?
3. Find activities outside of school (as suggested)
4. Drink heavily - just kidding, but seriously.....
5. Change levels. If you are at HS try MS or visa versa.
6. Get your email off your phone and don't respond to texts or reminds after a certain time. My new career gives me a work phone. I can turn it off at 6 PM which means I don't think about emails or texts or anything else and I don't cross work with my personal phone.
Iím on year 5 and super super burnt out. I heard everyone warning me at the beginning to be careful. I thought surely it wonít happen to me, I love band! But I was wrong. The burnout is due to a multiple factors but I need advice on what you do when you have gotten to that point. I started my career with full speed ahead and now I feel like Iím in a rut. Iím to the point where I have found myself often thinking of trying another career but I donít know what I would do and think I would eventually come back when I realized I missed teaching band.
Positive advice much appreciated!