[ Post a Response | The Yellow Board ]
Re: rash from metal mouthpiece
Have a 7th Grade Horn player who was rashing from her mouthpiece. Turns out the kid is allergic to the metal. I tried clear nail polish on her metal mouthpiece, but that irritated the rash. After consulting with the doctors, we got her a plastic Kelly mouthpiece. It's okay. She doesn't react to it and the allergist says she would probably react to the gold one. I don't know why her hands don't react, but I didn't want ask and open that can of worms. Try the plastic mouthpiece, it's not nearly as bad as plastic saxophone reeds.