When school started this year the band was half it's normal size. We sent out permission forms to determine if there was enough interest for the trip. We have 23 students signed up to go along with 6 parent chaperones and another 4 that will follow in their own vehicles. The booster club is fundraising to pay for the charter bus separately from the cost of the trip.
Now some school board members/band parents are wanting to know how we selected the destination and why we did not get approval before asking if anyone was interested in going. These are the parents of the kids that are not going on the trip. They want to know why the principal did not approve the trip and the superintendent has not approved it. The handbook states that the school board is the only ones that must approve the trip. The principal did not know that he had to approve it either.
Now we are stuck waiting to find out if our trip will be approved. I have also been asked to not be at the board meeting to present the trip for consideration as there are elements that are for band and against band on the board.