I have here a selection of European fountain pens with beautiful lacquer work. These include pens from ST Dupont, Elysee, Montegrappa, and Zeppelin. Several of these pens are very difficult to find.
Most of these pens are new, and all include full original packaging unless otherwise noted. Sorry I didn’t take a picture of each pen. If you’d like to see a closer look or detail, just message me and I’ll take a picture of what you want to see!
All prices include insured USPS Priority Mail within the US. Overseas shipping available at cost. There may be some COVID-19 issues that preclude shipping to some countries. First ‘I want it’ gets it. Payment by Paypal. If you have any questions, feel free to send a message.
Left to Right:
1. Montegrappa Ferrari LE, Yellow Lacquer over Sterling Silver, 18k M, Cartridge Filler- This is a really sleek yellow Montegrappa for Ferrari fountain pen. The barrel features a brilliant yellow lacquer over sterling silver. The cap and end cap are mirror polished sterling silver, while the section has a sort of engine turned textured grip. Features a prancing stallion ‘hood ornament’ on the barrel. Single tone, partially hooded 18k #6 medium nib. The pen fills by cartridge only using a twist out cartridge holster, similar to the Montblanc 147 Traveler. The large red lacquered box features a plaque showing the diagram of a Ferrari V-12. NOS in large box with papers. #454/800. $680 Shipped
2. Olympio Chairman Guirlande, Standard, 18k M, C/C Filler- This is the standard production Olympio Chairman, with brilliant red Chinese lacquer over the guirlande pattern, with matching gold plated cap. This one appears mint. Not quite as rare as #4, but much more minty. Complete with box and papers. $750 Shipped
3. Olympio Chairman Guirlande, Standard, Ballpoint or Mechanical Pencil- Beautiful Dupont ballpoint, with translucent garnet lacquer over a diagonal guirlande pattern. It’s hard to capture the pattern in photos, but I tried! Gold plated trim. Absolutely stunning. This one is a twist action ballpoint, but the ballpoint can be swapped with an inlcuded mechanical pencil cartridge, converting the pen to a pencil. Slick! New in box with papers. May need a new ballpoint refill. $300 Shipped
4. Olympio Chairman Amber Godron LE, Standard, 18k M, C/C Filler- This is an absolutely stunning and highly sought after pen. Based on the standard sized pen with amber Chinese lacquer over a lined godron guilloche engraved barrel with matching gold plated cap. #203 of only 300 pieces from 2001. This particular pen appears to be used, and the gold trim shows the kind of micro scratches that get picked up when a pen is carried. Nothing like a scratch or gouge. I would rate it as excellent. The cardboard outer box is also coming apart, though the inner boxes are perfect. Someone’s grail pen. $700 Shipped
5. Orpheo Vertigo 2 LE, Oversized, 18k M, C/C Filler- Highly sought after Vertigo pattern. The standard Vertigo was a regular production pens, this one turns the pattern on its corner for a diagonal variation. Appears mint in box with all papers. This one is #12 of only 400 pieces. $650 Shipped
6. Dupont Hong Kong LE, 18k F, C/C Filler- SOLD!
7. Elysee Impression No. 1 LE, 18k F, C/C Filler- SOLD!
8. Elysee Edition No. 1 LE, 18k F, C/C Filler- Another cool lacquered Elysee. This one is the Edition #1, by artist Karl Diesner. It has an almost De Stijl type design, in pinks, blue, black, and gray. The design is Chinese lacquer and gold plated metal. The pen itself is thin, in the 80s style, with a fine two toned 18k fine nib. Elysee gold nibs were well known for their smoothness. The pen fills by cartridge or converter, included. The pen appears to be brand new, and comes with boxes and paperwork. Another beautiful, rare pen. I can’t find a number on this one. $400 Shipped
9. Elysee Parthenon, Black and Gold, 18k M, C/C Filler- This was one of Elysee’s highest quality regular production pens. Black Chinese lacquer with a gold plated diagonal net type design. The pen itself is thin, in the 80s style, with a fine two toned 18k medium nib. Elysee gold nibs were well known for their smoothness. The pen fills by cartridge or converter, included. The pen appears to be brand new, and comes with boxes and paperwork. I think the box may not be correct, though. This is a cool pen. $300 Shipped
10. Zeppelin, Black, SS M, C/C Filler- Here’s a cool pen, made in by Senator in the late 90s to celebrate the opening of a Zeppelin museum in Germany. The pen is silver plated with a black lacquered cap. Medium stainless steel nib, fills by cartridge or converter. Brand new pen, comes with box and papers. $100 Shipped
First ‘I want it’ gets it. Payment by Paypal. Prices include insured USPS Priority Mail within the US, overseas shipping at cost. Feel free to message with any questions or for additional pictures.