Hardy Palm and Subtropical Board
[ Post a Response | Hardy Palm and Subtropical Board ]
Welcome! Participants are urged to post any information pertinent to plants, weather, or topics related to either. Off-topic posts, inflammatory posts and advertisements are subject to removal at the discretion of the moderators. Please limit image size to no larger than about 950x700 pixels so that everyone can easily view it. To post an image, it must first be uploaded to a remote server somewhere on the internet such as photobucket.com.
Post Your Winter Lows with Location So Far. Mine: 18F, Wilmington, DE
Posted by Jim Wilmington DE 7a
on 2/20/2021, 9:02 pm
Lows here per month:
The call is for 18F tonight/tomorrow morning. Worst case, I'm thinking 15F. Then nothing worse than mid twenties in the 7-day.
We're almost at the start of Meteorological Spring (March 1). There was a year not long ago where we had an 8F morning in March, so you never know.
Anyway, in this winter known for overachieving in the nation's heartland down to the Gulf Coast, my 7a location is thus far having an 8b winter.
Jim, Wilmington, DE, 7a
Last 30 Years Avg. Winter Low: 7.50F
Last 20 Years Avg. Winter Low: 8.35F
Last 10 Years Avg. Winter Low: 8.40F
Favorite Palms: Species: Phoenix Canariensis / Genus: Sabal
- 16F Winston-Salem ; next coldest were 7 mornings between 21F and 24F ; all days above 32F - WSimpson NC 2/23/2021, 11:40 am
- 26F In February, Kirkland WA - Brian in Bremerton WA 2/22/2021, 10:23 am
- -1F, next lowest was 7F - Bob West MI 6b 2/22/2021, 9:26 am
- 21F, Centre, Alabama, Dec 26. - TimM NE Bama 7b 8a 2/22/2021, 9:08 am
- Re: Post Your Winter Lows with Location So Far. Mine: 18F, Wilmington, DE - Kris OK 2/22/2021, 1:59 am
- 16F but brutal 144 consecutive hours at or below freezing - Ryan Monroe LA 2/21/2021, 11:19 pm
- 32F NW of Tucson - Tom in San Diego 2/21/2021, 10:53 pm
- Re: Post Your Winter Lows with Location So Far. Mine: 18F, Wilmington, DE - Ken-Charlotte 2/21/2021, 4:54 pm
- Re: Post Your Winter Lows with Location So Far. Mine: 18F, Wilmington, DE - Steve NJ z7a 2/20/2021, 9:49 pm