Hardy Palm and Subtropical Board
[ Post a Response | Hardy Palm and Subtropical Board ]
Welcome! Participants are urged to post any information pertinent to plants, weather, or topics related to either. Off-topic posts, inflammatory posts and advertisements are subject to removal at the discretion of the moderators. Please limit image size to no larger than about 950x700 pixels so that everyone can easily view it. To post an image, it must first be uploaded to a remote server somewhere on the internet such as photobucket.com.
21F Winston-Salem . 24F Thursday morning . How low have you been ?
Edited by WSimpson NC on 11/14/2019, 4:15 pm
Posted by WSimpson NC
on 11/13/2019, 10:38 am
My Washy should be fine but I do see some discoloration , especially on the lower , older fronds . The fact that I will get above freezing might mitigate damage with another cold night to come . Too early to be talking Washy frond damage ; usually it looks decent into January !
I'll take a picture of it in a few days to see how bad it's damaged .
Ten year lows: 12F 15F 19F 20F 5F 4F 15F 7F 8F (14F 2019)
10 Year Average Winter Lowest Low 11.9F ; 30 Year 11.7F
Profession:Trachy Defiberer and Palm Spear Puller (free estimates)
- Re: 21F Winston-Salem . 24F Thursday morning . How low have you been ? - Jane Vero Beach FL 11/26/2019, 8:07 am
- Around 20f so far. - Lucas West Arkansas 11/19/2019, 10:24 pm
- a 47F and mostly low 50's to upper 50's. - Stan Hayward CA 11/18/2019, 10:37 pm
- 19F so far here in West Michigan along the lakeshore... - Bob West MI 6b 11/15/2019, 2:24 pm
- 21 Along the North Alabama / Georgia Border. - TimM NE Bama 7b 8a 11/15/2019, 10:15 am
- 26 in Atlanta heat zone - AlexW in Atlanta 11/14/2019, 1:50 pm
- Re: 21F Winston-Salem . How low did you go , or have you been already this fall ? - Stan Hayward CA 11/14/2019, 12:26 pm
- Hit somewhere between 19 and 21F here last night - Ryan Monroe LA 11/13/2019, 9:36 pm
- Re: 21F Winston-Salem . How low did you go , or have you been already this fall ? - Jim in Iowa 11/13/2019, 8:41 pm