Hardy Palm and Subtropical Board
[ Post a Response | Hardy Palm and Subtropical Board ]
Welcome! Participants are urged to post any information pertinent to plants, weather, or topics related to either. Off-topic posts, inflammatory posts and advertisements are subject to removal at the discretion of the moderators. Please limit image size to no larger than about 950x700 pixels so that everyone can easily view it. To post an image, it must first be uploaded to a remote server somewhere on the internet such as photobucket.com.
Re: "Subtropical". Meaning what?
In the USSR there were very distinctive subtropics:
1. Southern tip of the Crimea (Black Sea)
2. Eastern coast of Black Sea (From Turkish border all the way up to the city of Novorossijsk
3. Southern tip of Turkmenistan on the Caspian Sea
4. Extreme South of Uzbekistan just north of Afghanistan
5. Southern tip of Azerbaijan (city of Lenkoran) ib rgwe Caspian Sea .
The most cold temp for these subtropics (average in Jan) would be +3 C (Uzbekistan)
Along the Black Sea eastern coast those temps are +8C in Jan (avqarage)