User logged in as Robert
Posted by Robert on 27/3/2020, 12:16:30, in reply to "Re: Sweden
And that a story has "been around for years" doesn't make it true. There are still a lot of people who are convinced that Napoléon I was short.
Also Herman Lindqvist says that the story is untrue. And few people know more about Swedish history and Swedish King as he does.
If you put it like that .
The "rumour" I wrote about, as you put it, has been around for years, say centuries, w/o any viable contradiction.
The page you provide, from an anonymous Peter Olausson, that nobody ever heard of, has as much credibility as the next one.
I think it is more reliable than the rumour you wrote about.
... and the accuracy of this link is ?
In Sweden, there was (ok) a Maréchal de l'Empire, who had tatooed on his chest "Mort aux rois" (How many people knew that ? ) and whose position was legally binding .
An interesting anecdote. Nevertheless, it is false https://www.faktoider.nu/bernadotte_eng.html
Message Thread | This response ↓|
- Royals by conquest, adoption, or association - Jane 14/3/2020, 17:33:23
- Re: Royals by conquest, adoption, or association - William F 14/3/2020, 18:39:17
- Catherine I - José 14/3/2020, 20:34:24
- Sons of the Revolution - José 14/3/2020, 20:46:56
- Monaco - José 14/3/2020, 21:02:25
- Gustav I Vasa - José 14/3/2020, 21:11:48
- Re: Royals by conquest, adoption, or association - José 15/3/2020, 16:40:27
- King Henri I Christophe - José 15/3/2020, 16:52:11
- King Boris I - José 15/3/2020, 18:19:09
« Back to index