User logged in as Robert
Posted by Robert on 19/3/2020, 15:01:36, in reply to "Sweden
The Bernadottes married well and the current king is not only the heir of the line from Carl XIV Johan (=Jean Baptiste Bernadotte), he is also the heir general of Gustav IV. So even though the Bernadottes replaced the previous Holstein-Gottorp-Vasa line they managed to become the heirs of that line by the marriage of Gustav V to Victoria of Baden.
I have never understood why the Royal House that preceded the House of Bernadotte on the Swedish throne is so often called Vasa (or in your case Holstein--Vasa) on these boards. The House of Vasa became extinct in the male line in 1672 and its last member, Queen Christina, died in 1689.
Message Thread | This response ↓|
- Royals by conquest, adoption, or association - Jane 14/3/2020, 17:33:23
- Re: Royals by conquest, adoption, or association - William F 14/3/2020, 18:39:17
- Catherine I - José 14/3/2020, 20:34:24
- Sons of the Revolution - José 14/3/2020, 20:46:56
- Monaco - José 14/3/2020, 21:02:25
- Gustav I Vasa - José 14/3/2020, 21:11:48
- Re: Royals by conquest, adoption, or association - José 15/3/2020, 16:40:27
- King Henri I Christophe - José 15/3/2020, 16:52:11
- King Boris I - José 15/3/2020, 18:19:09
« Back to index