Re: Not a universally held belief
User logged in as Johan
They were the legitimate power in the country the pretenders hope to return to a monarchy so in the end they might actually be the only judge that matters. Scholars may have all sorts of theories but until they become law they're just that, theories.
And in the case of the French Legitimists i do believe they are carrying a grudge too far and are also historically wrong in their line of thought on multiple counts so i put them in the same box as those claiming to be the Merovigian pretender or descendants of King Arthur. Lovely fantasies but not founded in reality.
I know, but at least the French Republic believed it as they exiled the Orleans and not the Spanish Borbons.
True, but republics are usually the least qualified with what to do with royalty
Message Thread | This response ↓|
- Royals by conquest, adoption, or association - Jane 14/3/2020, 17:33:23
- Re: Royals by conquest, adoption, or association - William F 14/3/2020, 18:39:17
- Catherine I - José 14/3/2020, 20:34:24
- Sons of the Revolution - José 14/3/2020, 20:46:56
- Monaco - José 14/3/2020, 21:02:25
- Gustav I Vasa - José 14/3/2020, 21:11:48
- Re: Royals by conquest, adoption, or association - José 15/3/2020, 16:40:27
- King Henri I Christophe - José 15/3/2020, 16:52:11
- King Boris I - José 15/3/2020, 18:19:09
« Back to index