Re: The first, second, third, etc, Houses of Orange.
User logged in as Charles
Well all sorts of things needed to be arranged when Queen Wilhelmina married. At that time a woman lost the capacity to legally sign anything after getting married. So the Queen would not have been able to sign laws into existence or appoint mayors, ambassadors etc.
Before the marriage contract was signed by HM the Queen of the Netherlands and the Regent of Mecklenburg-Schwerin there had been contact with the family in Luxembourg. Emma, the Queen-mother did not need to remind the Luxembourg-Nassau's that it was only HER resistance against altering the line of succession in the Grand Duchy that had returned them to the list of ruling dynasties.
It was also agreed that Wilhelmina's offspring would be Van Oranje-Nassau. That is what both lines agreed to and you are in no position to question what was legally decided. I don't recall seeing you always refer to the last viceroy of India as HSH prince Louis of Battenberg or to members the UK dynasty as of Saxe-Coburg-Gotha.
Actually, it is my opinion that the Windsor dynasty has members who belong to the houses of Wettin (Saxe-Coburg and Gotha) and Oldenburg (Glücksburg); and I am also of the opinion that the Mountbattens are also still Battenbergs.
I also don’t deny the Mecklenburgs, Lippes, and Amsbergs of the Netherlands the name Orange-Nassau; furthermore were they not members of those aforementioned houses why do they bear titles of them?
Message Thread | This response ↓|
- One sovereign houses - Jane 27/12/2019, 5:45:05
- Re: One sovereign houses - William F 27/12/2019, 10:13:16
- Re: One sovereign houses - Johan 27/12/2019, 13:30:00
- Re: One sovereign houses - José 27/12/2019, 17:17:16
- Re: One sovereign houses - Johan 27/12/2019, 19:15:51
- Re: One sovereign houses - Damian 27/12/2019, 21:50:43
- Re: One sovereign houses - William F 27/12/2019, 23:02:06
- Habsburg-Lorraine - Charles 28/12/2019, 10:25:00
- Re: One sovereign houses - José 28/12/2019, 13:30:41
- House names - Jane 28/12/2019, 14:45:49
- Re: House names - Johan 28/12/2019, 15:07:13
- The first, second, third, etc, Houses of Orange. - Charles 28/12/2019, 19:35:03
- Re: The first, second, third, etc, Houses of Orange. - Johan 28/12/2019, 22:07:09
- Re: The first, second, third, etc, Houses of Orange. - Charles 29/12/2019, 2:01:23
- Hyphenated names - Jane 28/12/2019, 20:10:32
- Re: One sovereign houses - Scotland - Karen 28/12/2019, 11:16:31
« Back to index