The European Royals Message Board
[ Post a response | The European Royals Message Board ]
User logged in as Josť
Posted by Josť on 10/10/2019, 20:34:11, in reply to "Re: uw
What do you exactly mean by uw
? Co-rulers , as Johann says?
Then, Franz Josef and Hans Adam of Liechtenstein and the latter and his son Aloys.
Rainier III and Albert of Monaco.
Im not sure Maria I and Pedro III count as co-rulers
In Medieval times Kings sometimes crowned their favourite heir as junior king to make clear who would succeed.
Can anybody provide a list of these, throughout European royal history? Off the top of my head, I can name the following --
Queen Isabel I of Castel and King Fernando V of Aragon
Czar Ivan V and Czar Peter I ("The Great") of Russia
Queen Maria I and King Pedro III of Portugal
King William III (House of Orange) and Queen Maria II (House of Stuart) of Great Britain
- uw - Jane 10/10/2019, 13:26:01
- Re: uw - Johan 10/10/2019, 18:33:37
- Re: uw - Josť 10/10/2019, 20:34:11
- Re: uw - Bjarne Birkrem 13/10/2019, 1:32:11
- Re: uw - Josť 16/10/2019, 12:57:19
- Re: uw - manuel 10/10/2019, 19:57:47
- Re: uw - Johan 10/10/2019, 21:52:46
- Re: uw - manuel 10/10/2019, 23:48:53
- Re: uw - Johan 11/10/2019, 0:02:11
- uw? - Robert 13/10/2019, 12:19:33
- Re: uw? - Jane 13/10/2019, 14:38:21
- Re: uw? - Robert 16/10/2019, 11:25:46
« Back to index