It was immitative of Cyrus/Titus' very popular Spar Guide. I had spent hours poring over this important work, and I knew others had too - enough that mimicking the Spar Guide would be funny on its own right. But, this was (and still is) one of those things that "Many a truth is spoke in jest." Gorean combat and Gorean furring are real similar, with many transferrable skills. Improving one's skill level in one discipline, for many, improves one's skill in the other.
Now, Warrior, you have a problem. Having developed your fighting skills significantly, you only feel challenged when facing a better fighter, however, these better fighters can cause you serious wounds. If you are wounded from constant sparring, you can't defend your home or take proper care of your slaves ("lest they fall fallow"), as your Codes require you to do. One could argue that continued sparring, to reach the level of excellence you hope to achieve, is actually against your Codes and Duty. So how do you get over that hump of mediocrity and move toward excellence without weakening the defense of your home?
Some people use strategies that are not really fit for a True Warrior. Some dual, taking all the wounds with one character, while their "real character" tends to the Home. Others play revolving collar in the Forest, taking on Panthers, losing, gaming out, and doing it again the next day. Clearly, these are not fit options for a True Warrior. But fear not, brave Warrior, for I, Zatrina Panther, have an answer for you. You may be surprised to note that this solution is literally right under your noses.
I am talking about your slavegirls. When you stop laughing at the idea that your slavegirls can help you be better fighters, I hope you will continue. Because I learned much from Cyrus' Guide - and I want to make my contribution also.
Look at it this way. Panthers are almost all women who have roleplayed being slaves, and Panthers are pretty good fighters. Coincidence? Hardly.
You see, furring and fighting is almost the same thing. Read, react, interact, countermove, transition. Visualization, body position, description of movements, rt experience to draw upon - all the same things that make a good fighter are what makes a good furrer.
You are probably asking, "How does this translate to actual sparring though?" Well, the answer is below. Several specific things to do when furring, that will make you a better Rarius.
1. Approach furring with the seriousness with which you approach a spar. Focus and concentrate. Don't be watching tv and eating a bagel while waiting for your slave's next post.
2. Use the furring to develop your innate sense of the passage of time. Whatever time limit you have in your usual fighting rules, try to use that amount of time to work on your furring post, without looking at the clock until you post. Thus you will develop an intuitive feel for when 8 minutes is expiring.
3. Work to visualize both yourself and your slave in your Mind's Eye. If you focus on things like *right hand goes to left tit* you will find yourself making fewer of those annoying deductions for confusing directions. And please don't think your kajirae are going to find that going to this level of detail is stupid. On the contrary, you will like find it inspires them to strive even that much harder to please you.
4. Don't just type sloppy shit in the box. Use your WP the same as you do in a spar. Review your notes and look for your mistakes. If you left your hand on her tit at the end of one post and started it on her ass at the beginning of a later one, recognize that kind of mistake could have cost you a spar, and try to improve in that area in your next lovespar.
5. It is perfectly good practice to forcepost your slave with something like *grabs your hair, forcing you to your knees and making you kiss my feet.* Slaves respond well to that, but see what happens if you try something like this instead: *my right hand slides up from your ass along your back and behind your neck, grasping your hair at the scalp in my strong hand and pressing downwards on the top of your head, hoping to send you to your knees and encouraging you to kiss my feet* This will develop your description and visualization skills, as well as likely driving your slave to work harder on hers.
There are many other such techniques to use. I invite you Warriors to explore them on your own however, as I don't want y'all to get too good. At fighting, I mean.
Message Thread | This response ↓
« Back to index