Re: DaNang RVN
Posted by Jimmy Thomas on August 16, 2010, 21:33:28, in reply to "Re: DaNang RVN"
Jim, I don't know if you've found the info you are looking for, however, I was transferred from Jouett to Preble (DLG-15), in Da Nang in '68. I specifically remember hustling down the pier carrying my seabag, embarking on the Prebles' MWB, catching up to her enroute and climbing on board her via a jacobs ladder on the aft starboard side. Whether or not you were on ground, I don't know, but maybe this is a starting point. Perhaps my service record could be accessed to determine the date I was sent tad to Preble. I have a fuzzy memory that we were tied up to a quay wall.
Message Thread | This response ↓|
- DaNang RVN - Jim Lechner May 31, 2010, 14:16:44
- Re: DaNang RVN - Bill Girard June 4, 2010, 7:55:19
- Re: DaNang RVN - Frank Hirsch June 11, 2010, 10:44:33
- Re: DaNang RVN - Jim Lechner June 12, 2010, 18:47:50
- Re: DaNang RVN - Frank Hirsch June 13, 2010, 10:00:23
- Re: DaNang RVN - Jimmy Thomas August 16, 2010, 21:33:28
- Re: DaNang RVN - Jim Lechner June 12, 2010, 18:52:42
- Re: DaNang RVN - Bill Girard June 4, 2010, 8:03:44
- Re: DaNang RVN - Frank Edmonds June 20, 2010, 20:14:19
- Re: DaNang RVN - Stewart Martin June 17, 2012, 10:38:02
« Back to index