User logged in as post
Thank you so much. I truly appreciate your respond. I am feeling much better everyday and actually are preparing for surgery in about 4 hours.
My surgeon said if something doesn't look right, he will not put the implant & new tissue in and will wait 2 months. If everything look ok and clean, then he will put the implants back in there and armed me with antibiotics.
When I chose to do double mastectomy in March 2011 and reconstructive in May, 2011. Everything went well but my implants was not the right one for me. My old surgeon would never listen to my complaints, I do have infection because the wound was not healing the way it should be and I was on antibiotic for 5 days. My implants never felt the same after my revision in June & October. The tugging/heavy feeling is awful.
Until I switched to another surgeon who agrees that my implant are too big for my frame. I was doing great with the new implants but darn drains, every time he yanked one out, I have a fever. The 3rd & 4th drains caused me to have 104 fever so I was in the hospital since May 25th.
The infectious disease doctor told me that my infection is on my skin but it was really small and I haven't had any fever for almost a week. He didn't see any problem to do the surgery today. As long as I am being monitored with antibiotics and get to go home Monday or Tuesday.
I am praying that everything will be ok and if I have to wait 2 months to re do my reconstrutive surgery , I will wait. I wanted to get better soon and back to work.
I promise to keep you posted as soon as I am able and thank you so very much for your tremendous support and prayers.