User logged in as post
Thank you for your respond. I have an option to put the implants back either this week or in 2 months but no guarantee that infection will not happen again.
Both my surgeon and the infectious disease doctor said that since I don't have any more fever, the skin are healing pretty good and no longer red, it will be ok to put the implants and tissue back in there but this time, I will have antibiotic either through IV or a PICC line for few more days or maybe weeks after surgery.
When they send me home, I will still be taking antibiotic. I never had antibiotics prescribed even after surgery in the past just went home with 5 JP Drains.
I was doing great recuperating for 2 1/2 week then just last few JP drains removed then I had a fever the next day that would not go away. My drains doesn't even produced that many fluids at all. The most are 1-5cc the whole day.
Right now surgery are schedule in a couple days but my surgeon said, if he sees any infection in there he will not put the implant and will wait 2 months.
When he removed the tissue and implants, there is no infection on the implants or tissue but it was on my skin but very small infection and it took them a little over 4 days to test it for uncommon bacteria but I was already treated with the right antibiotics since the 1st day I'm in the hospital.
When I saw my chest without my implants, I don't remember feeling this way when I chose double mastectomy. I have the expander in there before but this time there nothing in there and I felt defeated.
I'm not sure if I feel comfortable without the implants. I want to give it another try until I can no longer do surgery:-(