After last nights Games, Paragon already clinched 1st, Swing Mafia already had 2nd clinched. Kennedy and Baranabys are both 17-15, but Kennedy wins tie breaker as they won 3 out of 4 vs Barnabys. Kennedy clinches 3rd, Barnabys clinches 4th, Nonna Rosa clinches 5th. Even if Archon beats Steppys twice, they will both be 16-16, but Nonna wins tie breaker over Archon. The Series between the two was split 2-2, but Nonna Rosa's run differential was 75-70. Remember, ties between (2) teams defer to the season series between the 2 teams. Three or more teams tied, then we go to the fewest runs allowed total. But this can't happen now.
The Only question is who finishes 6th.
Depauls plays Paragon twice tonight weather permitting. THESE Scenarios can happen over the course of the two games tonight and the two games scheduled next Tuesday between Archon and Steppys.
- IF Depauls beats Paragon twice, they will finish 15-17 and Archon will have to defeat Steppys twice to finish 16-16 to finish 6th. If Archon splits with Steppys, they both will have 15-17 records and Depauls won the regular season series 4 games to zero and would clinch 6th place.
- IF Depauls splits with Paragon, And Archon gets beat by Steppys twice, both teams would be 14-18 and once again, Depauls wins tie breaker. IF Depauls splits with Paragon and finishes 14-18 and Archon splits with Steppys, Archon will have the better record with a 15-17 mark.
- IF Depauls loses both to Paragon, they finish 13-19 and can not catch Archon who has 14 wins and would clinch 6th no matter what happens in the two games they play Steppys. The Archon vs Steppys DH will be meaningless games to end the season.
So, to simple things out, If Paragon wins both, Archon finishes 6th and Depauls 7th. If Paragon and Depauls split, then the above stuff takes place.
1. Paragon Alliance/Autobahn Motor Sports..... 25-5
2. Swing Mafia..... 23-9
3. John Kennedy Collision Centers..... 17-15
4. Barnaby's of Havertown..... 17-15
5. Nonna Rosa Pizza/Oshinsky Law..... 16-16
as of NOW
6. Archon Investments..... 14-16
7. Depaul Brothers..... 13-17
and out of playoff contention are:
8. Steppy's/Altomare Precast..... 9-21
9. Bello Brothers/Spectrum..... 6-26
Paragon and Swing Mafia would receive first round byes. #3 Kennedy Collision will play either Archon or Depauls, whoever finishes 6th. #4 Barnabys will play #5 Nonna Rosa. Highest seeds will be Home Team in the best of 3 first round.
So, that's it in a nutshell
PS- I am sure I ####ed up something in here somewhere, but you guys get what I am saying here ... I hope.
« Back to index