ROD RECIPES February 04, 2010 National Stuffed Mushroom Day Spicy Stuffed Mushrooms
Whether served as an appetizer, side dish, or even as an entree, stuffed mushrooms add a unique mix of sophistication and convenience to any menu. CDK has nearly four hundred stuffed mushroom recipes whose fillings range from pork to seafood to escargot. We also have many vegetarian options, as with our tofu or cheese filled mushrooms. It's National Stuffed Mushroom Day!
Source is CD Kitchen
Spicy Stuffed Mushrooms
• 4 ounces fresh spicy sausage, such as Italian hot sausage
• 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
• 1 (10 oz.) package medium to large white mushrooms, stems removed and chopped, caps left whole
• 1/2 small onion, finely chopped
• 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
• 1 cup finely chopped day-old bread (about 1 oz.)
• 4 ounces Italian Fontina or mozzarella, shredded
• 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh parsley
• 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
Preheat oven to 400°F. Remove sausage from casing and place in a medium skillet. Cook meat over medium heat, breaking it up with a wooden spoon and stirring occasionally, until crumbly and browned, about 7 minutes. Transfer sausage to a bowl.
Melt butter in same skillet over medium heat. Add mushroom stems, onion and garlic and cook, stirring, until softened, about 4 minutes. Remove from heat and add bread, cheese, parsley, oregano and reserved sausage. Stir well to mix.
Stuff sausage mixture firmly into mushroom caps. Place caps on a foil-lined baking sheet. Bake until tops are crusty and mushrooms are tender, 10 to 15 minutes.
Source is My Recipes
« Back to index
Responses are not allowed!
Create your own free message board!