Bacon Swiss Crispy Chicken Sandwich
1/3 cup mayonnaise
2 tablespoons sour cream
1 tablespoon buttermilk
1 1/2 teaspoons white vinegar
1 teaspoon sugar
1/4 teaspoon lemon juice
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon parsley
1/8 teaspoon onion powder
dash dill weed
dash garlic powder
dash ground black pepper
2 teaspoons hot water
1/2 teaspoon unflavored gelatin
6 to 8 cups vegetable shortening
1 cup water
1 cup all-purpose flour
2 1/2 teaspoons salt
1 teaspoon paprika
1 teaspoon onion powder
1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
4 chicken breast fillets
4 sesame seed hamburger buns
4 lettuce leaves
4 tomato slices
Kraft Swiss cheese Singles
8 slices bacon, cooked
1. Preheat 6 to 8 cups of shortening in a deep fryer to 350
degrees. If you don't have a deep fryer, you can also pan
fry using a large frying pan and just a couple cups of shortening.
2. To prepare the ranch dressing, combine all of the ingredients
except the water and gelatin in small bowl. Mix the water with
the gelatin in a small cup until all of the gelatin is dissolved.
Add this gelatin solution to the other ingredients and stir. Cover
and chill the dressing until it's needed.
3. Beat the egg and then combine with 1 cup water in a small,
shallow bowl. Stir.
4. Combine the flour, salt, paprika, onion powder and garlic
powder in another shallow bowl.
5. Pound each of the breast fillets with a mallet until about
1/4-inch thick. Trim each breast fillet until it is round.
6. Working with one fillet at a time, first coat each fillet
with the flour, then dredge it in the egg and water mixture.
Coat the chicken once again in the flour and set it aside until
all of the fillets have been coated.
7. Fry the chicken fillets for 8 to 12 minutes or until light
brown and crispy.
8. As chicken is frying, prepare each sandwich by grilling the
face of the hamburger buns on a hot skillet over medium heat.
Spread about 1 1/2 teaspoons of the ranch dressing on the face
of the top and bottom buns.
9. On the bottom bun, stack a leaf of lettuce and a tomato slice.
10. When the chicken is done frying, remove the fillets from the
fryer and drain them on paper towels or a rack for a couple minutes.
11. Stack one fillet on the bottom of the sandwich (on top of the
tomato), then stack a slice of the Swiss cheese onto the chicken.
12. Arrange the bacon, crosswise, on top of the Swiss cheese, then
top off the sandwich with the top bun. Repeat the stacking process
for each of the remaining sandwiches.
Makes 4 sandwiches.
Source is Macklinda
« Back to index
Responses are not allowed!
Create your own free message board!