The club had taken it seriously and conferred with all major shareholders and also all members of the board.
There was also an urgency to get the minutes written up and circulated so they could be agreed as an accurate record. That was done (well done Caz).
My view FWIW is that the position of the board has been made clear. It might not be what we want to hear. It might not be what we would like. But they have stated their position clearly.
1. They are open to either moving the club on (100% sale) or new investors along side.
2. There are 3 interested parties: one to buy 100%, another to come in alongside and another that has appeared more recently and they are about to talk to in more detail.
3. All three are credible I.e. have the wherewithal to back up what they plan to do.
4. No current offers on the table. Pace dictated by the interested parties.
5. In the meantime, they are looking to make the club stronger by building up commercial revenue and the academy. They will give JG the biggest budget they can without breaking the bank to give us a budget li,e Salford/Harrogate. Deficits of £50-£100k will be underwritten.
6. The Board are happy for the Co-op financial adviser to examine the most recent detailed set of accounts so we have the assurance that financially all is as it should be.
Meanwhile the Co-op will continue to push for meetings with the interested parties.
I donít think anyone is telling any porkies here. Others seem to differ on that point.
The last fans forum was a perfect opportunity for fans to get face to face with directors and shareholders and put there questions and frustrations to them directly. Where was everyone?
Message Thread | This response ↓
« Back to index | View thread »