Posted by mattyovrio on 11/1/2018, 4:39 pm
Well, despite me being hammered on here by the Brexit bell ringers for calling for a second referendum on whatever the final deal is, it seems that that Farage bloke agrees. Personally, I would like to respect the original vote and avoid a The new deal v full membership vote as full membership has been rejected. To me makes more sense to have a soft Brexit EEA-type option v a harder WTO rules type option.
The problem with the previous referendum was that we didnít actually vote for anything just against something. The exit option was backed up by a myriad of different models. Where we are now is that we have to choose what sort of relationship we are going to have.
Once that is done, then there can be no gripes about the outcome. We will have had our chance to choose what we want rather than what we donít want.
Well done Nige.
The best lack all conviction, while the worst are full of passionate intensity.
- Brexit sorry - mattyovrio 11/1/2018, 4:39 pm
« Back to index | View thread »
- Re: Brexit sorry - Bredburyhatter 12/1/2018, 12:43 am
- Re: Brexit sorry - Red Hatter 11/1/2018, 11:02 pm
- Re: Brexit sorry - EdEx 11/1/2018, 9:53 pm
- Re: Brexit sorry - mreckless 11/1/2018, 8:58 pm
- Re: Brexit sorry - Biggles 11/1/2018, 8:38 pm
- Re: Brexit sorry - Bigmartin 11/1/2018, 7:42 pm
- Re: Brexit sorry - BRINKSWAY BOY 11/1/2018, 7:08 pm
- Re: Brexit sorry - Talisman 11/1/2018, 5:40 pm
- Re: Brexit sorry - -Nik- 11/1/2018, 5:39 pm
- Re: Brexit sorry - Mozzer 11/1/2018, 4:53 pm
- Re: Brexit sorry - Roscoe 11/1/2018, 4:47 pm
- Re: Brexit sorry - Saint Saviour 11/1/2018, 4:46 pm
- Re: Brexit sorry - dosser jacket 11/1/2018, 4:45 pm