Posted by Imposter on 6/12/2017, 7:21 pm, in reply to "Re: Perspective"
Don't need to see the plans- they're already built. I see them every single morning and evening on the way to/from work. And yes they do lift my soul and spirits. Makes me realise that things are happening in Stockport. Slowly perhaps but they are happening.
You have denigrated near enough everything I have said or praised about Stockport, the swimming club, the Red Rock development, even the Pyramid.
Contemporary and cutting edge architecture is not dominated by curves at all. There are a variety of styles, many includes squares and yes glass and steel. See the Beetham Tower in Manchester for example - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Contemporary_architecture
You said Birmingham has buildings which are iconic. I argued, for the most part they are only iconic because they are in Birmingham, a major international city. Transport most of those buildings to Stockport and they wouldn't get a look in.
Looking at that picture in the two year old article about a development that is now built and which I see every day that you posted, the square and glass design looks remarkably similar to the new Birmingham Central Library.
We will not run,
And we will not hide,
No we will not give up,
We will survive!
Message Thread | This response ↓|
- Perspective - Accipiter 3/12/2017, 12:19 am
- Re: Perspective - BRINKSWAY BOY 3/12/2017, 2:51 pm
- Re: Perspective - Biggles 3/12/2017, 12:32 pm
- Re: Perspective - Talisman 3/12/2017, 11:03 am
- Re: Perspective - Kinky Afro 3/12/2017, 8:43 am
- Re: Perspective - Firebolt12 3/12/2017, 8:32 am
- Re: Perspective - mreckless 3/12/2017, 8:18 am
- Re: Perspective - hedgegrower 3/12/2017, 7:46 am
- Re: Perspective - Imposter 3/12/2017, 2:09 am
- Re: Perspective - Stranded Hatter 3/12/2017, 1:07 am
- Re: Perspective - mattyovrio 3/12/2017, 12:58 am
- Re: Perspective - NevadaHatter 3/12/2017, 12:50 am
« Back to index | View thread »